Thursday, December 4, 2008

So now what...

I have been cleared to go back to work, but not until January. Those who believe they would love to be off work to watch TV, read books, and just basically running errands, living on controlled substances and making literally zillions of trips to the pharmacy. It sounds like something you'd like to try, but I must be doing it wrong.

I continue to worry about whether or not my paperwork for Sick Bank Leave is in and whether or not it will be approved. I think I might have left my office door unlocked. It's entirely possible that I will have forgotten to fill out the forms for the Recycling Team Awards. Apart from that, I left work running with the sheer volume of pain that keeps your legs moving, your mind running, and your heart racing.

I haven't been off long enoug to start jonesing for The Real Housewives of Wherever or any of the soaps. Once you have seen Susan Lucci on Dancing With the Stars, it's like the CryptKeeper meets the Fred Murray Dancers. Then there's Top Chef-ahh if there's anything that makes the day worth getting out of bed. Long dramatic sweeps of sometimes elegaic, sometimes pitiful. How will I go back to work? How will I let this wound heal. How will I be able to face elementary school yayhoos, who can neither add, subtract, multiply or understand that the sun is not a planet? How will I be able to face them knowing that the teasers, even though they are from seasons past, show Padma wincing- she is such an ice queen, and Big Bear Kolicchio shaking his head. How can I work? Could we make it on one salary? How many times could I watch it before my brain would be as loose as duck eggs? What could we do without? Hmmm... not electricity, probably not water, I guess I'll need to give up drugs... Hmmm...

1 comment:

Clinton said...

Top Chef is the gift that keeps on giving. Except for last nights episode. Last night's episode was L-A-M-E.