Tuesday, December 23, 2008

So, I've been sick...again...

But I'm back... If parts of you don't look like you've been attacked by a fryolator, then you're not as sick as I am. So there... But I'm back and on the up side and a sure sign that Christmas is coming- my living room looks like amazon.com exploded.

That part of the Grinch (The Green Guy Who Is Becoming My Hero!)when it talks about tumtuzzlers and barfloofles. You know... well all of that stuff is stacked eight feet deep in front of my bedroom door. To make matters worse, Li'l Darlin' says we can't go to bed until everything is wrapped. What was I thinking, when I ordered that third tumtuzzler? God help me... Plus, I have to write worship. Did I mention it will be Christmas Eve in a couple of hours?

Every year about this time, preachers, liturgists, and those who only hope to speak a good word for the Holy Family- something other than your usual call from the tee box- Jesus, Mary and Joseph. We know that it is our only shot at some folks annually. Well, there might be a second shot at Easter, but that could hinge on how well tomorrow goes. Throw in a couple of trips to both grocery store and airport and well- that's it. If I'm not careful, I could sign up for something from a telemarketer- just for the chance to sit down and take a survey.

Ohm gotta go, Li'l Darlin says there must be more candy made before the congregation gets here tomorrow. Did I forget to mention that? Yeah, in a fit of insanity I decided that we should have worship at my house. I've been sick- like I said, but if I don't start wrapping, making candy or writing something about the story of baby Jesus- my name is well- not Gloria Excelcis for sure!

1 comment:

bob zombie said...

ah, sounds like quite a busy time! i hope you and your family had a wonderful christmas and i hope you're feeling better.